Summertime is a time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. But don’t forget to make the most of your summer vacation by doing something fun with your children. Here are some top-rated things to do in Kelowna with your kids this summer.
Kelowna is known for its beautiful lakes, rolling hills and lush green countryside, but it’s also a great place to go fishing. Here are some of the top-rated things to do in Kelowna with your kids this summer.
1) Take a trip out to Lake Cottage. This easy-to-access lake is perfect for beginners who want to try fishing for themselves or older children who are starting to develop skills. There are several different types of boats you can rent, so there’s sure to be something for everyone. You can even bring your own snacks and drinks, which makes it the perfect option if you want to stay in one spot all day long.
2) Head over to Glenmore Reservoir and try your hand at fishing for trout or salmon. Both reservoirs have ample space and clear water, making it an ideal location for anglers of all levels of experience. If you plan on spending more than a day at either reservoir, be sure to check out the area’s other attractions, like hiking trails and campsites.
3) Explore Okanagan Falls Provincial Park while you’re in the area. This park features both a gorge waterfall and a large body of water that contains many varieties of fish. It’s also home to dozens of trails that lead through dense forests and along fast-flowing streams. If you have kids who love playing in waterfalls and exploring new
Looking for some fun things to do with your kids this summer? Check out our top-rated picks for camping in Kelowna! Here you’ll find everything from easy family-friendly hikes to more challenging backcountry adventures. Whether you’re looking for a quick getaway or a longer stay, we’ve got the perfect spot for you!
Camping isn’t just for big groups anymore – there are plenty of great spots in Kelowna that can accommodate just a few people. Hike up to Moraine Lake for a peaceful and scenic camping experience, or take your families canoeing on the Okanagan River. There’s something here for everyone!
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive package, head over to Bear Valley Resort and Campground. This sprawling campground has everything from well-maintained campsites to heated indoor facilities, making it perfect if you want to spend the whole day outdoors without having to worry about cooking or cleaning up afterwards.
Don’t forget your supplies – camping can be extremely rewarding but it’s also hard work carrying all of your gear on your own. Make sure you have everything you need before heading out by packing a full grocery bag and packing list with some recipes recommended by our team!
Summertime is the perfect time to take your kids swimming in Kelowna. Here are some of the top-rated things to do with them this summer:
1) Go for a swim at Mirror Lake. This popular lake is perfect for toddlers as there’s plenty of shallow water, and it’s also great for older kids who want to explore the deeper parts of the lake.
2) Head to Trout Creek Falls. This waterfall is located just outside of Kelowna and it’s a great place to cool off on hot days. There’s also a picnic area available where you can relax and enjoy your surroundings.
3) Take a hike on Mount Boucherie Provincial Park’s trails. This park has plenty of trails that will take you through forests, along rivers and up mountains, making it an ideal place for all types of hikers and campers.
4) Check out Victoria Falls Provincial Park – one of the most beautiful parks in BC with scenic waterfalls galore, including Rothmans Falls which is said to be one of Canada’s Top Ten Waterfalls. There are also hiking trails available that will take you past several different falls and viewpoints.
Go on a picnic
Kelowna is a great place to go on a picnic this summer. There are plenty of great places to go, and no matter what time of year you go, there are always lots of activities for the kids to do. Here are some of our favorite picnic spots in Kelowna:
The lake at Lake Country
This is one of the most popular picnic spots in Kelowna. It’s a really beautiful spot with a lot of space and plenty of things for the kids to do. There are boats, kayaks, and canoes for rent, as well as a playground and a grassy area where they can play games. There’s also food available from local vendors.
The botanical gardens
This is another great spot for a picnic in Kelowna. The gardens have tons of different kinds of plants and trees, plus there’re plenty of benches where you can sit and enjoy the view. There’s also a pond where the kids can splash around and play games. There are food options available from local vendors, or you could bring your own food if you’d like.
Lake Okanagan Regional Park
This is a great park for picnicking because it has so many different types of terrain. You can find lakeside trails, forested areas, hills, and more. There’s also an outdoor pool that the kids might want to check out while you’re there. The park has plenty of things to do – hiking trails,
Play in the park
There are lots of great things to do in Kelowna this summer with your kids. Here are our top-rated picks:
1) Play in the park. Kelowna’s parks are amazing, and there are plenty of playgrounds, pools, and other fun activities for kids of all ages.
2) Check out local festivals. There are several festivals happening in Kelowna this summer that will have something for everyone – from family-friendly events like the Okanagan Folk Music Festival to more grown-up celebrations like the Wine & Jazz Festival.
3) Go on nature walks. Kelowna is a beautiful city with plenty of trails to explore – perfect for a peaceful nature walk with your children.
4) Visit historical sites. Kelowna has a wealth of history, from its pioneer beginnings as a logging town to its current status as a popular tourist destination. Take time to visit some of the local landmarks – like the old railway station or Empress theatre – and learn about Kelowna’s past while you’re at it!
Visit a waterpark
Water parks are one of the most popular things to do in Kelowna with kids this summer. Here are three of the top-rated waterparks in Kelowna:
1. Lumberjack Falls Waterpark
2. West Kelowna Aquatic Centre
3. Wild Rivers Waterpark
Visit a theme park
If you’re looking for a summer outing that will keep your kids entertained, you should check out one of Kelowna’s top-rated theme parks. Here are five of the best:
1. Silver Dollar City – This amusement park is packed with rides and attractions for all ages, including a roller coaster, log flume, and train ride. It also features live shows and an arcade.
2. Explorer’s World – This amusement park is perfect for kids who love to explore and find new things. There are rides like a ferris wheel and a carousel, as well as games like laser tag and mini golf.
3. The Fun Park at Okanagan Lakes – This amusement park is huge and has something for everyone. There’s a waterpark with slides, pools, and more; an amusement park with rides like a spinning coaster; as well as a farm where you can feed cows and chickens.
4. Wonderland Amusement Park – This theme park is smaller than some of the others on this list but offers unique attractions like a haunted house and an ice rink that opens in the summertime.
5. Silver Star Family Entertainment Centre – This theme park has rides for all ages, from preschoolers to adults, including roller coasters, carousels, go-karts, bumper cars, and more.
Visit the zoo
If you’re looking for a fun and educational summer outing, the Kelowna Zoo is definitely worth a visit!
The zoo has tons of animals, both native and international, and they’re always updating their exhibits to keep things interesting for visitors. There’s also an on-site play area for kids where they can explore dress-up clothes, animal habitats, and more.
The admission fee is definitely worth it – not to mention the pretty views from the zoo grounds!
Go on a family hike
Looking for something special to do with your family this summer? Check out our top-rated things to do in Kelowna with kids! From a fun, scenic hike to amusement parks and lakeside playgrounds, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful city.
Start your day by enjoying a peaceful hike up Guisachan Mountain. The trail is rated easy but offers stunning views of the Okanagan Valley. If you’re feeling ambitious, take on one of the more challenging trails – like the summit peak or the waterfall loop – for an extra workout and even better scenery.
For lunchtime fun, head over to Lake Kelowna for a picnic in the park. There are plenty of options here, including BBQ areas and boat docks perfect for lazy days spent floating around on inflatable toys. After lunch, explore the many colorful shops lining Main Street before settling down at nearby Lakeview Park for some fresh air and wholesome playtime.
If you’re looking for excitement and new experiences, check out some of Kelowna’s thrilling amusement parks like KidZania or Playland. Both parks offer rides, games and other attractions suitable for all ages. And if you’ve got little ones who need a break from all that excitement, head over to one of Kelowna’s many lakeside playgrounds – including Cedar Falls (perfect for toddlers), Canyon Creek (for preschoolers) or Grouse Mountain (for older kids). Whether you choose to stay
Ride a bike
Kelowna is a great place to explore with your kids this summer. Here are some of the top-rated things to do in Kelowna with your kids:
Ride a bike: There are plenty of places to rent bikes in Kelowna, or you can ride your own. Try biking around Lake Okanagan, riding on the boardwalk at Heritage Park, or cruising around town on a two-wheeler.
Visit the Science Centre: If science is one of your child’s interests, be sure to visit the Science Centre in Kelowna. The centre has interactive exhibits and programs that will interest them.
Attend a municipal park concert: Municipal parks across North America have been hosting concerts for years now, and there’s always something fun happening here. Check out what’s playing this summer at Lansdowne Community Park, Lakeview Heights Recreation Area or Queens Park.
Take a swim: Kelowna has plenty of swimming spots where you and your kids can cool off together this summer. Try swimming at the Gellatly Pool Complex, Rainbow Pool at Glenmore Landing or slide into Jellystone Lake during open water swim events.